Everything You Need to Know About the Mass Effect 3 Demo
It’s the eve of the Mass Effect 3 Demo, and if you’re one of the lucky gamers that was able to snag a code from @majornelson or Mass Effect’s Facebook App, then you already have a taste of the glory the rest of the world is waiting for.
Set to release on February 14, the Mass Effect 3 Demo will finally be available to download (2GB) in single and co-op mode. Keep in mind that the demo is simply that: A chance to play a few levels of the Mass Effect 3 release. The gameplay from the demo does not create a save game for the full version.
Single Mode has been split into two parts, with both being included in the initial demo download. The first play through will be the first level of Mass Effect 3 featuring a reaper attack on Earth, with the second level being one further into the game (Shephard makes his/her way back home to seek help in the war effort). For all of the completionists, BioWare is estimating that it should take about one to two hours to fully finish.
- Single Mode will include all three elements: Story, RPG and Action.
- Supports KINECT for Xbox 360
- Squad mates will be pre-chosen.
- Playing the Demo will award unlockables (i.e. make sure you have downloaded the Kingdoms of Amalur Demo to get that crossover content)
Providing you have already gained your early access by owning and activating Battlefield 3′s Online Pass, the Co-Op Mode and Multi Player will be available on February 17th.
- Two Available Maps: Slum and Noveria
- Will not be available on split screen as the demo is online only.
- Data from the demo will not be carried over into final gameplay.
- The co-op mode includes all six classes: Soldier, Vanguard, Sentinel, Engineer, Infiltrator and Adept.
Here’s a few videos to keep your pants on until tomorrow:
Newly Released “FemShep” Trailer:
Special Forces Multi-Player Mode Trailer
Lastly, play the game while sitting in some N7 Gear from the BioWare Store.
Mass Effect 3 releases on March 6, 2012.