Nexuiz Released as Part of the XBLA House Party Campaign 2012
When Alientrap first introduced Nexuiz, it was a free open source first person shooter created out of the Quake engine. Recently, developers IllFonic teamed up with publishers THQ, got their hands on a Crytek game engine, CryENGINE, and lit up XBLA’s House Party with Nexuiz.
Promising to “stay true” to Alientrap’s original development, Nexuiz is a fast paced highly competitive Arena First Person Shooter with a Victorian influenced art design that still manages to remain futuristic.
This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of futuristic soldiers who battle alien factions. Players use machine guns, laser blasters, and rocket launchers to kill humanoid robots and aliens. The frenetic battles are accompanied by realistic gunfire, explosions, and cries of pain. Enemies collapse to the ground and disappear when defeated; points are awarded for higher kill counts. When activated, one customization mode—a “cartoony” icon (called Farty Poopy) of an animal dropping—causes players’ weapons to emit flatulence sounds. As the game progresses, players can achieve the rank of “Bad A*s.” – ESRB
Key features from the website:
- Arena FPS is back – inspired by the giants of the Arena FPS genre, Nexuiz reinvents twitch gaming for next generation consoles and PC
- Over 100 ‘Dynamic Mutators’ serve as game-changing power-ups – Jetpacks, Uber-Nuke, Low Gravity, Big Head Mode and many more…
- 9 deadly arenas – powered by CryENGINE 3, Nexuiz sets a new graphical benchmark for a digital-only release
- Designed for competitive play – a superbly balanced weapon set, classic game modes, and extensive Clan and Leaderboard support
- Play solo or online – hone your skills against bots, then wage war online against the best in 4v4 multiplayer matches
Nexuiz is available now for 800 MSPoints, and can be downloaded HERE.
Remember: If you purchase all four House Party game titles between February 15 and March 13, 2012 you’ll get 800 Microsoft Points!
For a complete list of titles, click HERE or stay tuned and we will keep you updated as they release: